Monday, April 13, 2009

Annoy-A-Teen Lite

CJKApps have given us something annoying, but possibly useful. They offer Annoy-A-Teen for $0.99 or Annoy-A-Teen Lite for free.

These products work largely on the same principle as the Mosquito in the UK: a high pitched noise that can usually be heard by those under 25, but not those of us that are above it.

I couldn't really hear anything myself, as you can probably imagine from my previous copping to impending decrepitude. Happily, some of my friends have kids, so I could test things on them.

The adults largely heard nothing, though a couple of women seemed to have exceptional hearing and heard the noise. Those that heard it reported that it was annoying as all hell, sort of like the hum of a fluorescent bulb at its most annoying. Though one person said that it was was worse than a dentist drill and complained of a headache afterwards.

Other than possibly using this to give myself some space on the bus after school lets out, when roughhousing kids make the ride annoying as hell, I don't really see much use for this app.

2 comments:

  1. .......... i hate you. useing me as a test subject then posting it on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's because I love you. You know that.

    ReplyDelete